Each Thusday, 6:30 p.m.
Abyssinian Baptist Church
224 West Kinney Street, Newark, NJ.
Core Demands of the Political Platform of the People's Organization for Progress
- We demand reparations for the descendants of Africans enslaved in America. We want full and just compensation to all African Americans for the centuries of brutalization and forced labor that their ancestors were made to endure.
- We demand an end to police brutality, and demand the establishment of elected civilian review and control boards with subpoena and prosecutorial powers over all police forces at all levels in the U.S.
- We demand an immediate end to all racial inequity and racial discrimination in all areas of life in the U.S.
- We demand the immediate creation of jobs programs that will eliminate unemployment and provide jobs at union ages for every person that is willing and able to work.
- We demand a guaranteed minimum income for all people of working age that will allow them to adequately support themselves and their families and eliminate poverty and hunger in this country.
- We demand the establishment of a system of universal free health care in the U.S. which will enable all people to receive adequate and proper medical and dental care at all times.
- We demand the establishment of a system of free higher education that will enable all students to attend colleges and universities free of charge.
- We demand that all federal government fully subsidize all child care programs so that working parents will not longer have to pay for this service.
- We demand the abolition of the death penalty.
- We demand adequate food, clothing, housing, employment, health care, education, legal representation, recreation and culture for every person in the United States of America.